Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Midnight Sun Madness!

Ok.  So for those of you who don't know how obsessed I am with the twilight book series...well I'm totally in love with a vampire and a werewolf, have read the books a couple of times and have so much music that coinsides with the books that it's ridiculous...so I guess that makes me pretty obsessed.  After I finished Stephanie Meyer's last book, Breaking Dawn, I was very sad that it was all over and yet satisfied at the same time with how it all came together.  My only thing left to look forward to was her finishing and publishing Midnight Sun.  This is the book she was writing that is Twilight all over again but from Edwards perspective.  How hot is that.  Well my sister called me this morning and broke the bad news to me.  She told me that somebody who had a rough copy of the Midnight Sun manuscript had illegally released it on the Internet.  I was furious and couldn't believe that someone would do that to her.  On Stephanie Myers home page she expressed how angry she was and that now she has no desire to even finish the book.  It broke my heart to read this.  She went on to talk about copyright laws and that just because some jerk put her work online it was still illegal to read her book.  So because she didn't want her readers to feel torn on wether or not they should read it, she posted it on her website.  The book is a rough draft and still hasn't been finished.  Stephanie Meyer even went a step further and released the incomplete play list she had compiled for the book.  For me, I feel like someone took something so dear and important to her and so carelessly threw it away.  She had at one time said that she had to have Midnight Sun published so she could have a bound copy of it with Twilight on her desk.  I hope that some day Stephanie Meyer decides to finish and publish this book the way she wanted it, because until she does I will not read it.  I want to read it in full, the way she intended it to be...no matter how obsessed I may be.  

4 comments:

Jennelle said...

Here! Here!

The Lyons Family said...

You crack me up! You were like the first one to tell me about them and I finally read them. I am still reading the last one because I am only letting myself read it when I work out, I thought it would be incentive to workout, but it hasn't really worked out that way. I can't wait for the movie to come out, yeah!!

The Lyons Family said...

SO your really not going to read the copy she put of it on her website. I think I want to, I have been excited for her to write from Edwards point of view. I may read it but I will feel guilty doing it. By the way I love the music.

annilee said...

K thanks to you guys, I now join in the obsession! And I totally agree with you, I am not going to read either!